The curriculum in Data Science and Applications is devoted to train experts in the management and analysis of data, particularly of Big Data. You will learn skills in statistics, modelling, data analytics, programming, high performance computing and management of databases for big data.
The curriculum is organized in common core courses (roughly I semester of I year), curriculum specific core courses (II semester of I year), and application specific courses (II year), depending on the application area/ study plan selected.
Common core courses:
- Advanced Programming and Algorithmic Design (12 CFU, I-II semester, I year)
- Introduction to Machine Learning (6 CFU, I semester, I year)
- Foundations of High Performance Computing (9 CFU, I semester, I year)
- Numerical Analysis (6 CFU, I semester, I year)
- Statistical Methods for Data Science (6 CFU, II semester, I year)
Curriculum specific core courses:
- Probabilistic Machine Learning (6 CFU, II semester, I year)
- Statistical Learning for Data Science (6 CFU, I year)
- Data Management for Big Data (9 CFU, II semester, I year)
The study plans (application areas) available for the second year are the following: