The curriculum in Computational Science and Engineering is devoted to train experts in the simulation-based science and engineering. You will learn skills in mathematical modelling, numerical methods and simulation, fundamentals of data analytics, programming, high performance computing and scientific programming.
The curriculum is organized in common core courses (roughly I semester of I year), curriculum specific core courses (II semester of I year), and application specific courses (II year), depending on the application area/ study plan selected.
Common core courses:
- Advanced Programming and Algorithmic Design (12 CFU, I-II semester, I year)
- Introduction to Machine Learning (6 CFU, I semester, I year)
- Foundations of High Performance Computing (9 CFU, I semester, I year)
- Numerical Analysis (6 CFU, I semester, I year)
- Statistical Methods for Data Science (6 CFU, I semester, I year)
Curriculum specific core courses:
- Stochastic Modelling and Simulation (6 CFU, II semester, I year)
- Mathematical Optimization (6 CFU, II semester, I year)
- One exam of choice between:
The study plans/ application areas available for the second year are the following: