The Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning curriculum is devoted to train expert in modern Artificial Intelligence techniques, in particular Machine Learning techniques. You will learn skills in machine learning, artificial intelligence, statistics, modelling, high performance computing and management of databases for big data.
The curriculum is organized in common core courses (roughly I semester of I year), curriculum specific core courses (II semester of I year), and application specific courses (II year), depending on the application area/ study plan selected.
Common core courses:
- Advanced Programming and Algorithmic Design (12 CFU, I-II semester, I year)
- Introduction to Machine Learning (6 CFU, I semester, I year)
- Foundations of High Performance Computing (9 CFU, I semester, I year)
- Numerical Analysis (6 CFU, I semester, I year)
- Statistical Methods for Data Science (6 CFU, II semester, I year)
Curriculum specific core courses:
- Probabilistic Machine Learning (6 CFU, II semester, I year)
- Deep Learning (6 CFU, I year)
- Data Management for Big Data (9 CFU, II semester, I year)
The study plans (application areas) available for the second year are the following: