APPLICATIONS WILL OPEN ON April, 2018.
OPENING OF APPLICATION SUBMISSION: April, 2018.
INTERVIEWS: (Date to be announced - expected June 2018). Interviews will be in person or in videoconference if requested. Interviews will be in English.
COURSES START: October 1, 2018.
Candidates will have to apply online, through the university enrollment system, and provide the following required documents (via email, please follow instructions on application page):
- Bachelor Degree (if available, see requirements below for exceptions).
- List of courses with completed examinations, including their mark and a brief description of the program (self-certification for the program or web printouts are possible, if official documentation is not available).
- Curriculum Vitae
- Any other useful title for the evaluation (additional courses attended, relevant professional experiences, and so on).
- English certification (B2 or greater, if avaiable, see requirements below for exceptions).
- a bachelor degree at the moment of application to the selection, or being enrolled in a bachelor and having completed at least 150 ECTS. In any case, admitted students will have to complete their bachelor by December 2018, with a minimum final mark of 80/110, or equivalent.
- students must have attended courses and passed the corresponding exams for at least 60 ECTS in one or more of the following topics: mathematics (MAT/*), computer science (INF/01), information engineering (ING-INF/*), industrial engineering (ING-IND/*), civil engineering (ICAR/01-09), fisics (FIS/*), statistics and mathematical metods for decisions (SECS-S/*), economy and finance (SECS-P01,05,08,09,11), chemistry (CHIM/*), molecular biology and genetics (BIO/10,11,18), geophysics and oceanography (GEO/10-12). At least 9 of these ETCS must be acquired in mathematical topics (MAT/*, SECS-S/06).
- a valid english certification (level B2 or greater). If not, their english will be tested during the interview, and students will be admitted conditionally on passing a B2-level English test at the university no later than January, 2019.
The selection procedure consists in two phases:
- the evaluation of curricula studiorum and additional titles
- an interview held in English
More details will be avaiable in the call for applications.
The assessment of the possession of the requisites for the admission to selection procedure will be carried out by the selection committee. In the absence of a Bachelor Degree, the weighted average of the exams will be considered instead.
International non-EU students need a VISA to study in Italy. The full procedure is explained in detal in this page of the university website. If you need help in this respect, and to get a letter stating that the university is open to welcome and enroll you, please contact via email the international student office, writing to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please specify that you ask help for the master program in Data Science and Scientific Computing in the subject of the email.
In order to get help for other issues related to moving to Italy or Trieste, from finding a place to stay to health insurance, please refer to the regional Welcome Office.
- Computer science: knowledge of the basic programming, knowledge and minimal experience with a programming language, knowledge of basic notions of algorithms and data structures.
- Mathematics: fundamentals of differential and integral calculus of one and more variables. Fundamentals of differential equations. Fundamentals of linear algebra (matrices, determinants, systems of linear equations, eigenvalues and eigenvectors).
- Probability: basics of probabilities and elements of statistics (descriptive statistics and basic of inferential methods).